I'm not saying that it couldn't be done technically. It would be an awful way of implementing it though. It would be better to do it as they appear to have done it. VIA a GSM module using SMS or TCP/IP over wifi/ethernet. The TCIP/IP thing wouldn't be instant. You would have to connect to the Internet first. The later the government could use against anybody (from a spying perspective). The GSM module though requires a bit more. GSM modules require an antenna and are pretty big still. You'd have a hard time hiding one of those I think in a CPU. However it could be used alongside a CPU. I'd be curious how one might go about hiding a mini GSM inside a CPU and still get a sufficiently significant connection to the cellular networks.