> The only issue is that the stamp may have been designed with non-free software, and the postal service may use non-free sorting systems. Hopefully, they don't have any system to read the letter.

Honestly, I think that is over thinking this. I couldn't care less how they made the stamp, I just want to make sure the glue on its back is not poisonous xD

Unfortunatly it is a known fact that many times letters are read and people never notice it =S But yeah, that would be a much more sane world to live in, a world to comunicate with our own words instead of pixels. lol