I see. I have no clue about facebook, mobile or not. It may be as close as you are likely to get, if you want to use facebook. You can still be freer and not use it.

The fb chat is not xmpp. From facebook developers page:

"Facebook Chat should be compatible with every XMPP client, but is not a full XMPP server. It should be thought of as a proxy into the world of Facebook Chat on www.facebook.com. As a result, it has several behaviors that differ slightly from what you would expect from a traditional XMPP service:

-Your client cannot send or receive HTML messages
-Because roster items and presence subscriptions are based on the user's Facebook friends, they cannot be created or deleted using the standard XMPP mechanisms. -Facebook Chat is terse when sending updates for new friends, because the negotiation happens outside of XMPP. Future versions of Facebook Chat may be more conformant. -The user's own Jabber ID (JID) is different from the Jabber ID that their contacts will see because the translation is done internally.
-Arbitrary IQ stanzas cannot be passed between clients.
-Presence probes do not currently work.
-Non-SASL authentication with the jabber:iq:auth namespace as described in XEP-0078 is not currently supported. The XML parser does not yet fully handle XML namespaces. Please stick to the same style as the examples in XMPP RFCs 3920 and 3921 when using XML namespaces."

The most important deficiency being you're either stuck inside their walled garden, or out. I wonder if at least it gives you the chance to use OTR?