Please help.

I installed the standard Trisquel x64 into my ATI desktop and the Cinnamon version into my NVIDIA desktop. I am able to configure my DSL connection with both but not the mobile broadband. This configures fine in standard Trisquel but not Cinnamon. The modem is recognized by name and so is my country provider and network plan but the configuration does not save in the network manager window. It even dials out when I click auto broadband and the connection details (Claro) also show correctly but it does not connect.
Any ideas please?