To answer all the replies to my first post at once:

When I first started using Trisquel, I didn't have an Internet connection. I was dependent on another Windows computer for Internet access. When I used Windows, I had loved to install new programs, copy them between computers with a flash drive, try them out for a bit, and then remove them if I didn't like them.

On Trisquel I found that impossible. I would get the package from the repositories and suddenly find its dependencies weren't satisfied, and then that those dependencies had dependencies, and I would have to download ''n'' things instead of one installer package. It was a lot of annoying back-and-forth.

And the repositories are a little like Apple's App Store in how they control us. Good luck if you want to remove any software you've installed from an outside source! I'm fairly sure I have some outside programs installed for which I deleted the installer .deb.

It doesn't matter that separate dependency inclusion is inefficient. What matters is that it's easy to use. No matter how you tout the advantages of Trisquel, I found software management easier on Windows. It ''just worked'', as some would say.