Responding to several posts above...

Winamp doesn't need to be ported to GNU/Linux... It's basic functionalities are already made by other programs, like Audacious - which is a fork/evolution of XMMS, that was intended to do the same things as Winamp.

(I know this quite well, because I've moved from Winamp to XMMS, then to XMMS2 and BMP, and then to Audacious...)

Also, Winamp appeared at a time when music players were starting to appear and computers still had a limited processing power, to be used at the same time as a person would be doing other things. And, there are today better programs, that run on GNU/Linux, with more functionalities.

And, everyone notice the name: "Winamp"...

(from Wikipedia)

"The name Winamp (originally spelled WinAMP) was a portmanteau of 'Windows' and 'AMP'."

Who cares about a program made to run in such a horrible OS as Windows?

"Winamp is proprietary. Let it die, and rejoice in there being one less proprietary program in the world."
--- jxself

Great answer. :)