Damn... that's almost like "bringing NSA to the masses".
It doesn't matter if it's a bug, an anti-feature, or even a "bad feature" inserted on purpose, it has to be REMOVED NOW!

Too bad we don't have good old gnome 2 anymore =(
I have been thinking what DE to use in my Debian machine. LXDE and XFCE don't really do what I want, and Gnome and KDE are too heavy for my machine (no graphics due to requiring non-free firmware). So I am stuck with Gnome 3 in "classic mode" (which does not work at 100%). Mate was the best I had so far, but it is not in the repos, and I really hate to use PPAs =/