It's nice to see that this laptop has received the 'Respects your freedom' certification from the FSF.

Also, I received an update from Mr Rowe the other day, it seems that a new revision of the coreboot stack is ready:

Hi xxxxxx,

Benefits of this new release:
 - Coreboot payload: GRUB2
 - GRUB2 payload: SeaBIOS (available in boot menu)
 - GRUB2 payload: MemTest86+ (available in boot menu)

 - Non-free microcode updates removed from coreboot
 - Native graphics support (replaces the nonfree VBIOS / VGA option ROM)
 - thinkpad_acpi support (needed for the backlight and other things)

 - Source code 100% free and deblobbed.
 - Parabola and gNewSense are now usable.

3rd release.
2013 December 14th

Compiled version () (pre-compiled coreboot.rom, flashrom/bucts source code. Documentation.):
 - useful if you just want to flash the new version:
 - http://gluglug.org.uk/X60/release/2/X60_binary.tar.gz

Source code () (coreboot, bucts, flashrom, grub2, memtest86+. Config files. Documentation.):
 - useful if you want to study and hack the source code:
 - http://gluglug.org.uk/X60/release/2/X60_source.tar.gz

Changes:
 - Added SeaBIOS payload to GRUB2 (for booting USB drives)
 - new grub.cfg

Updating your firmware always has a risk of bricking the machine.
Instructions are included, but be careful.

If you are not sure about how to update or would like help during the procedure, I'm more than happy to provide it.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Francis Rowe.