I loaded Trisquel for the first time on a USB thumb drive and booted it. The colors and windows are pleasant. I have some questions about Trisquel before installing it.

In the folders window, where all of the different folders are laid out, can the size of the text be made larger? It seems that every window and even in the start-up window controls, the font size is much too small for me. I see that the icons can be made larger but nothing about the text of the controls. I don't see how to make the icons in the start menu larger.

How does one connect the wireless WiFi? I went to the network area and selected wireless. This machine didn't search for the open networks and list them for me. I saw that my external antenna light was not blinking or even on. In Ubuntu 13.04 my WiFi antenna turns on when the computer turns on. It also recognizes all of the signals in the area. I can't really install Trisquel until the WiFi works. I use my machine for accessing the internet.