I have a mother board Asus A8N - SLI SE Phoenix Award bios, 2 Gb ram ddr 400, AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 3200 + and an video card ATI Radeon X1300 Series. I tried to use the live cd 64-bit and 32-bit, but the results are always the same:

I enter user trisquel and not insert the password, the system responds with "added user trisquel." and the pointer turns, turns, turns .... and I wait, wait, wait.

Then when I got bored, I turn off the PC.
On the same machine are installed, on two different hard disks, Ubuntu 10.4 LTS and Mac os x 10.5 Leopard (hackintosh) without any problem.
It may be because of the AMD processor and ATI video card?