I am thinking about buying a BeagleBoard because it seems to be FSF compliant other than the GPU which requires nonfree blobs to work. That's not really a problem for me because I think the CPU would be enough for what I want to use it for.

Anyway, I am thinking about using a BeagleBoard as a personal mail server.

Assuming this is possible, i.e. use a BeagleBoard with a lightweight GNU/Linux OS (probably use Trisquel without a graphical front end) (if it's not, please let me know), what happens to emails I receive if the BeagleBoard is switched off for a few minutes?

What I mean is, if I switch the BeagleBoard off for 1 hour, and people send me emails during that 1 hour. Are those emails lost forever or will I end up getting those emails when the BeagleBoard is switched on again?