Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, I know that X is a GUI and no I don't care for graphical user interfaces, I'm a GNU Emacs user. I've come to terms with the fact that if I am going to do web programming in JavaScript that I need to use a modern web browser, which in turn needs a GUI environment to run in. w3m in GNU Emacs is awesome but it does not cut the mustard for this need.

I installed: abroswer, xorg and the fvwm window manger separately. There was no modification to the by boot-up behavior of Trisquel, which was nice but I'll have to do some customization to fvwm to get everything the way I like it. My goal is to run startx from the shell and have abrowser start full screen.