I didn't notice the campaign in time :( as I've been so busy. I would have loved to get a shirt. I'll just have to do without I guess. None the less I'll still throw in a little over $200 USD equivalent in bitcoins as a donation. You should see it shortly.

I'm glad to see a less-obvious project make an effort to raise funds for itself. I know it is especially difficult to do when your users don't normally even download or visit. There are so many projects that get forgotten because the codes distributed as part of a distribution and the user never has to visit the projects site. There just isn't an opportunity to seek donations from the user base.

I think it would be great if (particularly with a bigger distribution) some of the larger distributions were more proactive in requesting funds on behalf of non-obvious projects like Linterna Mágica.

I think we (ThinkPenguin) need to investigate being more proactive in seeking donations on behalf of projects that need funding. Despite working with quite a few distributions I think we could do more for the smaller projects. We attempted to do that a few years ago. Unfortunately it didn't work out as desired.

We get a significant amount of traffic to the site and I suspect that it would pull in some amount of funding. For a small project it would probably be significant. We would just need to do it during the checkout process. Maybe something along the lines of "You donate $5 USD we'll donate $5 USD" with a list of projects to forward on the funds to.