It is usual that bugs are produced by people who write code, especially in a program as complex as openssl. In my opinion it is not legitimate to claim that someone's bug is a backdoor. One must keep in mind that Debian (as well as many other distributions) was never designed to give security the topmost priority. Even Linus Torvald said that he 'consider[s] security bugs to be just "normal bugs"' and he 'is not interested in adding even the option of very useful security features that can help prevent buffer overflow exploitation'.

I disagree with you about the primary goal of Tor and I have a different point of view concerning news magazines. But I have no desire to argue with you about these issues. I think your judgment about other people is too strong.