The bios issue is one that I would like to overcome, but I guess it's not necessarily important as it's not something I change. I don't want an old outdated system that doesn't have any 3D acceleration (I don't know the specs on the Gluglug) but I know there are systems that do, such as those from ThinkPenguin. I don't want to downgrade. If Intel's hardware works with free software then why avoid it, it's far superior than an older computer.

I have another computer here that has a broadcom wifi chip so I bought a USB wifi dongle that is Atheros. I had to compile the drivers for it to work, I am capable of compiling something like that, but for this issue the OS is just too old, and I think it's really unfortunate that it has to be as old as it is.