Up until last week, I was running Trisquel/Ubuntu on an older 32-bit AMD Athlon XP processor and did not have issues with the Saucy PAE kernel. Very old processor.

I emailed Ruben about the old kernel in the 6.01 release and he said didn't want to force PAE on users of the 32-bit release. I could understand Mini doing this, but not the 64-bit ISOs. Seems sloppy.

Last week I completely built a new PC with an 8-core AMD CPU and an Nvidia card that ran libre firmware. Installing Trisquel 6 with the old kernel was not an option, so I went with Ubuntu 14.04.

I will probably run the trisquelize script when 7 comes out or install 7 from scratch when it comes out, but with 6.01 not implementing the Saucy stack by default, it wasn't reassuring.

I could also run the netinstall and do the Saucy stack off the bat and bring in Elementary OS desktop from the PPA, but then I got used to the updated packages and libraries.

Oh and jxself needs to get the Trusty kernel into the repos, respin the ISO as 6.02 with the kernel as default, and hopefully the xorg stack will be there too. It will be a huge apology for the 6.01 release.