DuckDuckGo doesn't seem to respect your privacy all that much, according to some people. It seems that Ixquick is more private and doesn't register you IP (your searches don't even sit in your History).

I agree that Ghostery ought to be avoided because it's proprietary but Disconnect, which is open source is made by a Google guy and a Doubleclick guy. Doesn't look very promising to me.

And also Disconnect doesn't show clearly what it blocks.
Some data is sent to the Disconnect server because the blacklist sits on their server not in your Firefox/Abrowser profile. In my experience Disconnect doesn't block Gravatar for instance: that's something you can easily see for yourself. So I wonder what it actually blocks.

cheers