I think Triskel is basically abandoned. It's just a metapackage with no custom settings. If you install the triskel package, the package manager doesn't even work because polkit-kde-1 isn't installed. Also, until I submitted a patch, Abrowser looked really ugly in KDE with the default Oxygen because the package that enables GTK+ programs to use Oxygen handles a list of XUL programs specially, and "abrowser" wasn't in that list. (Luckily, "icecat" is.)

Kubuntu has different settings (default, netbook, "low-fat", etc.) and has a few other customizations that make it more usable (such as "Notification Helper"). I really think the kubuntu-* packages (which are in the repos) should be Triskelized.