On 23.07.2014 22:02, onp...@riseup.net wrote:
> wireless card or USB wireless adapter that works with libre software
> today. Think Penguin[1] is a good store to buy those from.
>
> [1] https://libre.thinkpenguin.com

FSF endorses two small freedom-respecting USB wireless adapters,
TPE-N150USB from ThinkPenguin (link above) and TET-N150 from Tehnoetic
(link below).

https://tehnoetic.com/tehnoetic-wireless-adapter-gnu-linux-libre-tet-n150

The offers are comparable. While Chris, the owner of ThinkPenguin
donates to Trisquel a part of the profits the libre link provides, with
a history of about a year practicing high prices (read double) for this
Atheros based adapter, I have a history of 6 years funding free software
movement in Romania and the foundation called Fundația Ceata.

http://ceata.org

Among our activities is promoting and teaching others how to use free
distributions like Trisquel.

https://albume.ceata.org/picture.php?/165/category/16

https://albume.ceata.org/picture.php?/2616/category/113

https://liste.ceata.org/pipermail/ceata-trisquel/

http://fii-liber.ro/content/instalarea-distribu%C8%9Biei-trisquel-gnulinux-50-actualizarea-sistemului-%C8%99i-instalarea-unui

https://fii-liber.ro/proiectul-trisquel-lanseaza-vesiunea-50-dagda

There are other Ceata activism projects you might find interesting like:

RMS talks at Ceata events:

http://www.fsf.org/@@search?Subject%3Alist=Funda%C8%9Bia%20Ceata

Ceata review of E-mail SelfDefense guide in Romanian:

https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ro/

I only started a free software business because it's hard for me to
support my full-time not paid for work at the above mentioned nonprofit,
the foundation having just a few supporting members and no sponsors
which barely cover the costs of our server collocation.

https://ceata.org/membri/sus%C8%9Bin%C4%83tori.html

https://ceata.org/sponsori.html

So next time you tell new comers about freedom-respecting wifi adapters,
please make sure you include Tehnoetic, because it's my commercial
project to fund my work building a strong Romanian community around
Trisquel and other free distributions. Read more in FSF's press release:

http://www.fsf.org/news/tehnoetic-wireless-usb-adapter-now-fsf-certified-to-respect-your-freedom

If you feel this is not enough, consider that competition Tehnoetic
provided made ThinkPenguin cut the price to half and while ThinkPenguin
reports thousands of small wifi adapters being sold, I only sold less
than one hundred by now.

--
Tiberiu C. Turbureanu
Președinte, Fundația Ceata

Susții libertatea artelor și tehnologiilor?
Înscrie-te ca membru! (http://ceata.org/%C3%AEnscrieri)