I think the real reason is that people are so hung up on Microsoft Office and used to the interface and the tools. Other than that, they can use the same web browsers (Chrome, Chromium, Firefox) and have the ability to open and save PDF files on the majority of GNU/Linux distros.

LibreOffice, if it had an interface that wasn't straight out of 1997, probably would have been better received. The look of that office suite has been an issue for a long time and all we got were some graphical mockups from a few years ago with nothing actually happening. I use it because its free, but to the average consumer, it looks amateur and horribly dated.

I know you guys hate to hear this, but if they used an interface that was friendly to Windows (Cinnamon or MATE) and/or Mac (Elementary OS), then it would have been better. Heck, even using Ubuntu with Unity would have been an improvement.

I had never heard of the OS they used for the deployment and it was probably not the best option to go with something that wasn't Ubuntu or at least Ubuntu based. What the hell is LiMux?