My first run of the script was successful, and I now have a "basename-matches" PDF. I renamed the match file to word-word-#ofhits.pdf

I run the script a second time, on that basename-matches PDF (word-word-#ofhits.pdf), to achieve the "and" functionality. Unfortunatley, on this second run, I don't don't seem to get a new match file at the end.

I tred twice -- for the first "And" run, I got thousands of hits, and no match file. The second time, I searched for something more rare, got 180 hits, but no match file in the end.

Any ideas on why this could be happening?

This is the terminal message I see at the end:

pdfunite version 0.24.5
Copyright 2005-2013 The Poppler Developers - http://poppler.freedesktop.org
Copyright 1996-2011 Glyph & Cog, LLC
Usage: pdfunite [options] ..
  -v             : print copyright and version info
  -h             : print usage information
  -help          : print usage information
  --help         : print usage information
  -?             : print usage information
1 matching PDFs
Output written to "basename-matches.pdf"