In the bottom right corner of the screen on the taskbar there's a network monitor icon with two small monitor screens as an icon. Left clicking on it brings up a menu that includes VPN connections. I used the configure VPN option from it to import the configuration files for the various servers my VPN offers.

They imported successfully and I entered my network access id and password to the configurations. When I try to activate one, the spinning yellow circle appears in the right lower corner but it never can connect.