> Thank you for your answers. It worked.
> I switched off the tp link router and isp router modem for 5
> hours. Turned on the isp router modem and the tp link router, and I
> got internet access.
> Using url 192.168.1.1 I can log into the tp link router. Tp link asks
> me to set a root psswd. Shall I do that, and how many letters can it
> be?

It's a normal GNU/Linux password so any length you like (or at least
mine is set to a looong randomly generated password).  However as it's
via web avoid the URL special characters (%&?) just in case there's a
bug in the web interface.

> Next step is to contact my isp provider and make them turn the isp
> router modem into a modem with a public ip address? When that is done,
> the tp link router should work by connecting it to the isp modem with
> public address? No further config?

We need to know the technical details of your connection. I've only
dealt with somewhere in the midteens of different ADSL routers here in
the UK and none of them had a true 'become a modem' mode.  So what
your ISP means by what they're saying is at present a matter of
guesswork.  Ask them for the connection parameters/details for your
side of the router/modem.

Leny