The ['Trisquel 7.0 does not have amd display driver'][1] thread is very similar to this one:

> > > You can usually use these GPUs in unaccelerated 2-D mode, though.
> > It didn,t display proper resolution.
> If your setup is an Intel CPU with a Radeon card, you can just pull the Radeon card out and use the Intel integrated GPU; this would be the best solution.

I do have an Intel CPU, however I do not want to open up my laptop and physically remove the graphics card, but rather configure my system not to use it. How can I do this?

[1]: https://trisquel.info/en/forum/trisquel-70-does-not-have-amd-display-driver