On 24.11.2014 18:46, t...@puri.sm wrote:
> We offer two graphics cards, Intel Video, and nVidia 3D Controller. The
> Intel is freed, the nVidia 3D Controller, is optional, but uses the
> nouveou driver in the kernel, BUT the nVidia BIOS binary.
>
> We are seeking RYF, and have been working with the FSF and RMS to gain that.

I don't think you are going to receive RYF for the Intel graphics
version if it's sold under the same product name as the one with Nvidia
graphics which require nonfree software for 3D. I would require the two
products have totally different names so users don't get confused and
the free software community by promoting the freedom-respecting version
also promotes (using the same name) the not-yet freedom-respecting
version. It's the same with GNU/Linux distributions, "optional free is
not good enough".

--
Tiberiu C. Turbureanu
Președinte, Fundația Ceata

Susții libertatea artelor și tehnologiilor?
Înscrie-te ca membru: http://ceata.org/%C3%AEnscrieri