> However, the fact that negative votes can cause the post to hide for members of the board and even to become unreadable for non-members (so basically it got deleted for outsiders) is very critical in my view.

Being unreadable by non-members was a bug that I just fixed. Bad comments are only intended to be collapsed, but other than that they can still be read and commented on.

> I want to stress that two down votes are sufficient for the post to disappear.

It is actually three at this moment, but the trigger mechanism can be tuned up, like using the average rate instead, or a combination of both. In any case I trust the community will use the voting system with some common sense, it is just intended to discourage trolls and posts that don't follow the community guidelines. It also makes easier to tag either comments or posts for manual moderation if needed.