We have posted new firmware which works around bugs on machines with flaky USB controllers. If your experiencing connection stability issues (getting disconnected frequently) update your firmware in /lib/firmware with the following:

https://www.thinkpenguin.com/files/ath9k-htc/version-1.4-beta/index.html

* This firmware includes a patch which reduces the packet size. Some USB controllers don't like larger packets which is why users on some systems were experiencing frequent disconnects. This firmware has been pretty well tested already and we do recommend it to anybody experiencing issues. If you do experience any problems with it please let us know.