I don't think your proposal is "wrong", I just think that it can't solve the problem.
My proposal is a mixture of
1. your proposal (writing as many userscript replacements as possible)
2. stallman's proposal (trying to convince as many server owners to release their code as free javascript; i know that you're concerned about the scripts being executed without the users consent, but this could be solved with an addon which asks the user for confirmation to run script xy in version wz; he could agree to run the free scripts of the most visited websites with somekind of whitelist) 3. live without javascript if point 1 and 2 didn't work out, or make somekind of workaround (element inspector)
4. make a compromise for the rest (just like we do with non-free bios)

Web-technology evolves quickly and chances might be decent that a new technology will make javascript disappear... like it happens with flash to some extent at the moment.

I have to say that I gave it some thought and that i'm not so pessimistic about your proposal anymore. I mean there exist already a lot of userscripts and they modify a huge bunch of websites... unfortunately not for freedom's sake. Still I think that we need to combine all the means we have right now and then we need a bit of luck...