Hello.

I have an USB memory stick (Also called flash drive) that I want to use to store files and also to have a bootable Trisquel in case I need to recover my main system, but I want the installation to be static, including the system files (All run-time changes must be stored in RAM by default). I tried to use Startup Disk Creator (usb-creator-gtk), but I get the following error:

“An unhanded exception occurred:
first argument must be the method signature string: GLib.Variant('a{sv}',{})”.

I tried this using Trisquel with LXDE installed from a minimal console environment installed from netinstall. The desktop doesn't has any Trisquel branding, maybe it's because I didn't install from the LXDE CD; I installed Startup Disk Creator GTK+ using “aptitude -R”.

How can I fix this error or how can I create a bootable USB memory stick with a static (in the meaning described above) Trisquel that can also be used to store other files?. I'm comfortable with command line tools or having to do some configuration manually.

Regards and thanks.