Thank you so much for going to all of this work to make this proposal. This is definitely something which I would like to do.

*I've removed the cd56.iso from the website. If anyone is looking for it, and still wants it, feel free to ask.

*Would the FSF be willing to act as an escrow? I can't think of an organisation more trusted within the free software community.

*As for confirming that no blobs are in the system, a set of scripts is not required because OpenBSD has a strict policy against non-free software [1], making an exception for microcode, which they do not view as software. All of the microcode is stored in src/sys/dev/microcode (or /etc/firmware on the cd56.iso), so it is trivial to confirm that no binary-only firmware has been missed.

*I will be happy to provide a specification answering the questions that you asked, but creating this will take a little time. I'll post when it's done.

*I'm fine with the times that you mentioned - 30 days for the public comment period, and 14 days for the allowance period. The public comment period would start after the release of the draft specification.

*In the case that I do not make the required modifications (if any) within the allowance period, then I would strongly recommend that the money be returned to the donors, instead of to the FSF. This way, it is harder for the FSF (if it is the escrow) to be accused of conspiracy.

*I don't see any harm in continuing to accept donations during the public comments period, even if the escrow service wouldn't start until the end of it (which, coincidentally, would seem to be the end of the FSF's campaign). I might be missing something extremely obvious, though, so tell me if I am. :)

If there is anything else that should be added such that there can be more trust in this transaction, then I will most likely be happy to implement it.

----
[1] http://www.openbsd.org/policy.html