Hello Magic Banana.  I appreciate your assistance.
First I altered the BIOS to boot first from the CD/DVD drive. (I made the default first boot media the 2nd boot media.) Here is what I tried tonight, from a terminal window in Trisquel 6 live cd ("try trisquel" option):

trisquel@trisquel:~$ sudo chroot
chroot: missing operand
Try `chroot --help' for more information.

trisquel@trisquel:~$ sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
trisquel@trisquel:~$ sudo gedit ./boot/grub/grub.cfg
This opened up a grub file that was empty, so I closed the Gedit window.

(gedit:4279): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.400LRX': No such file or directory

(gedit:4279): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(gedit:4279): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.EYZZRX': No such file or directory

(gedit:4279): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory
trisquel@trisquel:~$

trisquel@trisquel:~$ sudo chroot /dev/sda1
chroot: cannot change root directory to /dev/sda1: Not a directory
At this point I quit.