Hello there and welcome! Probably all the users of Trisquel started their journey with computers as users of proprietary software. There are some sacrifices to be made but I for one find that a price I pay gladly.

Trisquel mini is aimed at older hardware. Your brand new machine will easily run either. But it's also a question of personal preference. Try them both I say.

Hardware is tricky. I can immediately say your AMD video card will not work (You will not get accelerated 3D or accelerated video and perhaps other things.). AMD doesn't provide a fully free stack to use their hardware. Your wifi might not work, however should this be the case it's easily worked around with cheap new wifi hardware.

Since you've already made your backups, plunge right in!