While my Trisquel installation seems perfectly happy with things as they are, it occurs to me that when the time comes that I need to update the BIOS of my legacy motherboard (no Intel email, phone or chat support) can I or should I even try, and can I do so without resort to a *indows computer ? My Trisquel installation has no *indows OS residing inside it.

Reading Intel's instructions, I came to a page which leads to this non-Intel webpage:
http://www.weethet.nl/english/hardware_bootfromusbstick.php

Which describes how to create a bootable USB stick ... but will that be sufficient if I also place the BIOS upgrade file downloaded from the Intel site onto that same bootable USB stick ?
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023357.htm

Will there be sufficient OS on that USB stick to execute the installation of the BIOS update onto the motherboard operated by Trisquel?

I'm anxious to avoid placing any *indows OS on the same computer as Trisquel. I got along that way with separate debian and *indows computers for about fifteen years, communicating files with a network attached hard drive, external storage at my ISP, or CD's.