I would definitely go for (La)TeX or a variant.

If your text is "simple enough" though, you might want to have a look at pandoc or asciidoctor.

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 02:54:00PM +0100, franpa...@openmailbox.org wrote:
Greetings ladies and gentlemen:

I have to publish and essay about mechanisms and will have source code, graphs, equations, pictures... in it; will have about 110 pages or so. I need a program to write that document.

I know programs like Libreoffice, latex, texmacs... but I don't know which one will be better suited for that task.

Being able to write the document (perhaps on book format) on a modular structure will be a plus because I remember libreoffice being slow after 60 or so pages of text, graphs and pictures.

Thank you

--
Binh-Khoi NGUYEN
k...@member.fsf.org