In order to free up some ethernet lines on my router, I got a ThinkPenguin.com USB wireless ethernet adapter. It works OK, but my FIOS connection is flaky, and the wireless ethernet connection gets dropped frequently (on other PC's too). This is probably not ThinkPenguin's fault, but in order to regain my wireless connection, I have to move the USB wireless adapter to another USB port on my Trisquel 7 installation.

If there were an "Enable W-Fi" menu item still there in my Networking menu, this would be no big deal, but that item disappears from the network menu when the wireless connection gets dropped, and it doesn't reappear until I move that USB wireless adapter to another port.

Is there a Trisquel 7 command or application that can maintain that menu item for me ?