I don't think lowering the specs would bring down cost all that much, and it wouldn't achieve any real goal. You're still going to have to buy the machines, the clean rooms, R&D, and all of that. Plus a 10 khz cpu would be next to worthless (I know you were picking an absurdly low clock rate on purpose), even a 486 MHz DX chipset is next to worthless now. Why go through all the trouble when you can get RYF certified systems like the Libreboot X60? Those actually have competitive specs and they don't have these problems.

What actually makes a difference is using 100% free distros. Refusing to buy hardware that doesn't respect your freedom. Intel and AMD already have the power to make chips that respect your freedom, so either buy old stock, or refuse to upgrade. And learn to reverse engineer this garbage so you can work on projects like libreboot and linux-libre.