It is discouraging about hardware with free software, or open source. You notice that it cannot be done. You watch other get to know about the importance of free software on hardware, they have to realize it too. If knowledgeable people like thinkpenguin cannot get free software on hardware, then who can?

I already have posted about the lowrisc cpu. I did not get much response. My knowledge is, they want to build a board that in performance equals the pi 2. In a video I saw Bradbury say that not all hardware on the board will be open source on software. If assumed that the cpu will be open source on software. Cannot a mainboard be made that is open source on software?

Can you double up on arm cpus until you get a performance that equals a duo core cpu, x86.