This adapter cannot be driven by free software only. You can replace it with hardware from ThinkPenguin or from Tehnoetic (the only two vendors I know that guarantee that Linux-libre can drive their hardware):

http://libre.thinkpenguin.com
http://tehnoetic.com

You can also trust somebody who reports that she recently bought a Wifi adapter that works with Linux-libre. I bought several of this adpater in December and Linux-libre could drive them: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=243&model=TL-WN722N

It is possible (maybe not probable) that the chipset on that adapter has been changed since then. The chipset is what matters... and it is never indicated on the package (so that the manufacturer can change it).