I have been casually writing a small program for nearly a year, a GUI-based QR code generator imaginatively titled Qrgui. It is only a bash script less than 120 lines long that passes arguments to qrencode, a commmand-line based QR code generator, but it is a lot easier to use than qrencode itself.

I worked on it to gain experience running a small free software project, to learn bash scripting, and to learn how to use git. It has helped me in all of those things.

Thanks to all who gave me scripting pointers on early versions of the script in this thread: https://trisquel.info/en/forum/front-end-qrencode

Qrgui is hosted at Savannah.
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/qrgui

Direct download: https://cloud.openmailbox.org/public.php?service=files&t=78e9a2029f9cfda8ad1674d8ae9e0a9b&download

Please try it out if you are interested, and feel free to post constructive criticism.