Hi friend.

What do you mean by "moofed" and "issuing authority"?. Bear in mind that sudo doesn't uses certificates like SSL/TLS, so there is no "issuing authority" to speak of, at least as far as I know.

I don't think that "sudo su -" is intrinsically bad for security. This is one possible use case for sudo. It makes sense in an environment where there is a set of users all of whom are all trusted system administrators, and they need to run tasks as root. The downside is that using this command, sudo doesn't by default logs every command that the administrator executes, but provided they are all trusted (all administrators are honest and responsible) then there should be no problem.

Bear in mind that using "sudo su -" is no worser than using "su -" directly.

Other than the above, I can't comment, because I don't really understand what point you are trying to make.

Regards.