Distrowatch discussed a Firewall Program a while back that blocks all network activity by default, and allows connections that are whitelisted. When an attempt to connect is made the user is alerted and able to choose whether to allow or block the connection. This approach is superior to trying to hunt down and blacklist every possible connection of virtually infinite misbehaving services-Hosts.

Would it be possible to add this Program to the repositories? That way it would be easily installed without any problems. I compiled it from it's git repository and it seems to have successfully installed, and runs. It blocks connections, but doesn't prompt me to whitelist programs. I must have done something wrong, I may have installed components, followed the steps in the incorrect order. If this was made available in the Trisquel repos users who want to secure their computers wouldn't have to worry about running into compile problems.

Maybe some one could help me solve my problem too?