By the way, one thing I should note about Minetest: most mods are under a libre license (usually WTFPL), but the Minetest forum's main mod section permits restrictions on non-commercial distribution, and a small number of mods have such a restriction.

Also, I haven't been successful convincing the maintainer of the "mod database", which Minetest directly connects to, to only allow libre licenses,[1] even though at least some of the Minetest developers agree with me; it permits mods under CC BY-ND, CC BY-NC, CC BY-NC-SA, and CC BY-NC-ND, which are all non-libre licenses. When I last checked, no mods under these licenses were actually there, but this cannot be depended on.

This actually means we should have a modified version of Minetest in the repositories of libre systems, because the Minetest distributed by its developers has the potential to recommend proprietary software. In any case, when playing Minetest now, you should take care to avoid the proprietary mods that do exist.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/iqualfragile/mmdb/issue/11/forbid-proprietary-software-explicitly