As far as I understand you (it is not that clear), the Trisquel system has two network interfaces. An Ethernet interface and a Wifi interface I guess (all laptops and some desktops have that). You can connect the Trisquel system with the Ethernet cable and then the other system (have you tried Parabola GNU/Linux, which is based on arch and 100% free?) connects through Wifi. To do that, the Trisquel system must act as an access point. There is a button for that at the bottom of the "Network" window (launched from the "System settings"). I used to do that some versions ago and the package "dnsmasq" had first to be installed (from the "Synaptic package manager" for instance).