Yea, just use it. They are free software.

In some countries any display of a hammer and sickle is criminally. That doesn't mean the author didn't license the image as free/libre.

This law, it is not our thing.
The belief in free software, freedom of speech, etc is.

Don't follow their creed, and definitely don't when they threaten you. They could outlaw free software altogether if they wanted, that doesn't make free software disappear. Remember: we almost never use their courts for these things, free software is built on the will of us all to make known we are sharing our creations freely and __rejecting__ the government's ideas of how things should be. It is a throwback to the pre-copyright era, not an assertion of legal principals or a support for the state.