I am trying to compile the game on Trisquel 6, but it fails because I don't seem to have the right libraries installed.

~$ make
g++ -O2 -Wall -g `pkg-config --cflags sdl2 SDL2_image SDL2_mixer` -c -DVERSION=\"1.3\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share/games/parallelrealities/\" src/alien.cpp
Package sdl2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `sdl2.pc'
No package 'sdl2' found
Package SDL2_image was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `SDL2_image.pc'
No package 'SDL2_image' found
Package SDL2_mixer was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `SDL2_mixer.pc'
No package 'SDL2_mixer' found
In file included from src/alien.cpp:20:0:
src/Starfighter.h:31:17: fatal error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [alien.o] Error 1

This doesn't give me any useful hint on which packages to install. I already have libsdl1.2-dev installed.

Thank you for continuing the development of this game. I hope to play it soon.