I have a macbook 2.1 with libreboot from 2015-02-08 installed. These are some remarks that I have with using libreboot on it:

- The webcam does not work without a non-free firmware blob.
- The battery lasts only a couple of hours compared to the 6+ hours I get from a libreboot x60s bought from Gluglug. - It runs quite hot, but not as hot as it used to be on earlier versions of libreboot.
- On low screen brightness part of the screen is darker than the other parts.
- The touchpad was very jerky, and I posted my Xorg configuration that made it usable here: http://libreboot.org/docs/hcl/index.html#macbook21 . - The touchpad stopped recognizing three-finger taps on libreboot (but it did work on a Trisquel 7 live CD when using the original bios) - The macbook has an unusual keyboard, and on top of that mine was Scandinavian. That meant that there was no AltGr so I could not type symbols like @, \, etc.. To fix that I had to run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" and map the "Keypad Enter" key to AltGr.
- I have not tried the infrared or DVD drive so far.
- Wifi worked out of the box, as did ethernet.
- The screen is bigger than on my x60s.

Overall I think it is worth installing libreboot if you have such a computer on hand. However in the current situation I would not buy one for this purpose, but that is only my opinion. The laptop does indeed look nicer than the ThinkPads, but it also looks much less robust.

If you have anything you'd like me to test or try, please reply here. I haven't had it in daily use at all, just for testing some configurations.