> Isn't the transfer speed much too low in order to actually use 30 tb of space?

How can I know if I doesn't get the chance to test their service? Last night I tested Baidu Pan, and the upload speed (using BCloud) was ~180kB/s, while the download (using JDownloader) was 1-2MB/s. However, as of today both speeds are terribly slow.

> That said, you're encryption scheme might be safe today; but who can predict how things are going to develop in, let's say, 20 years?

I'm mainly going to upload data that doesn't need security such as movies, tv series, and various other things that takes a lot of space but otherwise isn't too valuable. I originally intended to create a "cloud storage" that I can mount via Files as a virtual drive, format it as an encrypted filesystem, and use it as an additional storage. Now I see that this isn't possible and there's no universal free software client that can encrypt my data on-the-fly without syncing it first.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173108-researchers-crack-the-worlds-toughest-encryption-by-listening-to-the-tiny-sounds-made-by-your-computers-cpu

> What computional power will those companies have by then?

Quantum computers, maybe?

http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/03/the-nsa-is-racing-to-build-a-quantum-computer-capable-of-cracking-strong-encryption/

> Once uploaded, you can never take your data back for sure.

Yep, I learned this from Facebook.