I signed up for an account with a local email provider. I logged into the webmail, and noticed that it used http (and not https). I asked the administrator about it; he told me that the danger is merely theoretical, and that no one has been compromised in these circumstances.

I connected the account to my email client, and the client showed me this:

Incoming: POP3, [...] No Encryption
Outgoing: SMTP, [...] No Encryption

I clicked "Done", and then the email client showed me a warning about insecure mail servers (screen capture attached). I decided not to use the account for now.

Could you guys comment on this situation?  Is IceDove's warning correct?