I have been exclusively using Trisquel GNU/Linux for five years. And so have my wife and my parents. I am a university professor in computer science, my wife is a journalist and both my parents are accountants. I take care of administrating their systems... but there is so little to do with Trisquel! I must spend a few hours per system and per year, top. No virus, no malware, every common application installed by default, more applications that are three clicks away in the Synaptic package manager, a backup system that you setup in three clicks too, an helpful community, etc.

In my opinion, Trisquel GNU/Linux is far more user-friendly than Windows! However, you have to learn that simple way. For example, many beginners do not know about the package manager and try to install application the Windows way: search the Web, download an installer, search for that installer on the disk, launch it, click "Next" a gazillion times including for accepting an unacceptable license, clean the menu for all the crap that was added, ... congratulations: you have just installed something that probably is malware!