My email provider uses IMAP. I can't find the option to leave (or not leave) emails on the server. I looked in Account Settings --> Server Settings.

Yesterday, I set my email settings to delete messages more than 1 day old. I set the "Local Folders Disk Space" to never delete any messages (default ... left it alone). Today, my emails (nothing important) disappeared from my webmail as scheduled, but all those same emails disappeared from my local inbox too.

I want to empty my webmail inbox periodically, and to keep all those emails on my IceDove inbox for my own records. I've been reading the IceDove Account Settings ... but I just can't figure this out =/.